Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Conversation summary

The other day I had a phone interview with a holistic nutrition coach.  It was a strange conversation that I am still thinking about. 

Before the call I filled out a Heath history.   Resistance weight loss, felt best in 2010 when I hit 185.   Etc etc.  We talked about my goal.  I said 140 to 160, she said why is that because of the diet industry.  Ummm, no it's because when I hit 185 I wasn't done.  I still had lots of excess fat on me.  But I also have no idea what my ideal weight will be since I have always been big since early 20s.   Crap next week I hit 40.  20 years of being somewhere overweight.  Crap I never thought about it that way,   that's crazy.

So she asked me to visulaize myself at that weight.  Then Imagine my love life, my career and my finances.  How would would those things be bette at my goal.  Well I said no change.  I think this shocked her.  My career was fine when I was overweight and working.  My finances are fine now at wont change with weight.  My husband loves me now and will love me then.  I not very different from when I got got married 12 years ago.  Will I feel better?  yes.  Well I be happy to not have red mark from my pants and welts under boobs from my bra.  My confidence doesn't stem from my weight.  I don't beat myself up constantly about how I look.  

We talked about food and I mentioned I eat deli meat at lunch.  She claimed deli meat is processed.  Come on.  I'm getting a bit tired of the crazy.   A nice piece of sliced turkey that looks like turkey is processes?  I don't think so, come on.

I don't think I need her help.  I have the knowledge.  I can do the research.  

No comments:

Post a Comment