Sunday, February 24, 2013

Holding steady

I'm still here.

I haven't gained any weight. I haven't lost any at all. I've teetered between 211 and 215.

I am ok with that. Life is insane right now and I am trying not to feel the insanity. This month I drove to my parents twice. Over 2000 miles without help. I have been dealing with the reality of my moms impending death. Hospice was a relief and a sadness at the same time. I knew she was heading this direction and its a relief to move to the next phase, a relief for my father who was stressed beyond belief. Hospice provides him the help and assistance he has needed. Hospice has forced my mom to accept her position and use the help she needs, like a walker and a shower chair.

It's very hard to focus on myself right now. It's also hard to maintain the "normal" of life with a husband and 2 young boys while 330 miles away nothing is normal.

I could say so much more but I need to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Amy, I can't even imagine what you are going through. I am relieved your mom is getting the help she has needed for a very long time and that your Dad can finally relax a little. We will be there in 2 weeks and will spend most the time with your mom. There are a lot of prayers coming from the East coast for your Mom, Dad and also you. Take care of yourself. All my love Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete