Thursday, January 31, 2013

Suck ass Thursday

Sorry if this is a bit of a downer or at least my last few posts, etc. But hey this blog is for me and this is my space to purge my mind. In order to be fit I need to be fit in my head.

Yesterday was my parents 42nd anniversary. 42 plus years of being together. Amazing. I come from good bones. Well today January 31 mom was told she is entering hospice. No more cancer fighting. The fight is over. The last stage has begun. My husband asked me if I'm ok with the news, honestly I am. I think I knew this was a possibility more than my parents. When we got home I was again full of nervous energy. Since the hospice nurses will be coming to the house soon I decided to clean my parents rooms. I washed all the blankets, dusted, vacuumed, and mopped. I know how much better I feel with fresh clean sheets and blankets.

An aside - I've heard I said that all your evolution goes out the window when your are around your parents. So true. My dad noticed I was heating something for a late lunch and he felt the need to tell me that I eat too much. Grr grr grr. Mom commented earlier and dad made 2 more comments. They don't subscribe to the eat often idea. they are old school big meals type.

No comments:

Post a Comment