Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Weekly Weigh In 7/10/12

I missed last week.
I really don't want to write this down.
I haven't been perfect but I also don't understand what is happening.
Here it goes.

Weight = 210.2
Loss = +2.2

Seriously.

I'm not even sure what to say.  I hit a block or maybe my brain stop working from hitting my head on a wall.

On a PCOS note - I have been taking Metformin for a long period of time. I am not diabetic, my endo uses it to control my PCOS. I suspected for awhile that it hasn't been working. I ran a small expirement last week. I measured my blood sugar throughout the day. I ranged between 86 and 138 but averaged between 98 and 110. My understanding is that over 100 is diabetic range. I have deep respect for type 1 diabetics like my friend's 10 year old. Testing your sugars is a pain. I plan on taking the results to my Dr. Is the reason for my persistent gain? Maybe?

1 comment:

  1. Amy, you are still weighing and you are not giving up. You'll get there. It is definitely worth asking those questions. Anything hormone related can impact weight so much (as you know). I'm not sure about what the blood sugar needs to be during the day. I know that they use the 100 for the FASTING blood sugar level, but after you eat, it is natural for it to go up. I think one of the key issues is how easily your blood sugar goes back down after you eat. That is, how responsive is it to insulin.

    Is your doctor good about the endocrine issues? I had trouble finding one that would take them seriously. I have a great endocrinologist if you are interested.

    Alesha

    ReplyDelete