Monday, July 2, 2012

8 Days

This one maybe only the mommy’s can relate to.

I have 8 days of freedom.  8 days my entire family will be out of town.  8 days were I have only my needs to attend to.  The fun begins on July 14.

What the hell am I going to do with myself!

The intention of my husband taking the kids to the family reunion in FL is so that I can spend time alone with my mom.  Trust me I will be doing that but not for 8 days.  8 days alone with your parents is a bit too much.

I feel nervous, excited, scared, anxious, and a bunch of other stuff.  I have been a stay at home mom for 5 years now.  I worry about my boys flying, I worry about my husband alone with the boys.  Don’t get me wrong, he is great but 8 days is a long time. 

My parents live 330 miles North East of me, My old college town is North west.  My first stop on my way to my parents (a big triangle) will be to visit my first college roommate in my college town.  It is a beautiful place.  While at my parents I plan on Hiking Yosemite’s Mist Trail to the top of Nevada fall (7 miles, about 2000 foot gain).  When I return home I have a big list of projects and plans with a friend.  I basically told her let’s do something we really want to do that we can’t with kids.  Maybe Venice Beach, Hollywood, a museum, LA eateries, etc.  Who knows.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Amy! It's good you're planning it out, otherwise it can slip by and you think... rats, I should have ____________. We'll be with the Pangs in Yosemite 7/14-21 (with kids). Give us a jingle if you want. We did the mist trail last year and it was just awesome. Alesha

    ReplyDelete