Saturday, March 24, 2012

Road Trip Return

I'm back from a trip to my parents’ house.


I stepped on the scale today. It read 201. Crazy 4 pound gain over 4 days. Amazing what are bodies do. I know how I ate on the trip. I know why I ate the way I did. I know this isn't a real gain. I would say at least 3 pounds are water. I will not feel guilty about what I did. I have too many emotions swirling around me and I will not allow guilt to be one of them.

This trip I traveled with just the toddler (3). He was fantastic in the car. I couldn’t have asked for any better. On the way home around hour 6 he was getting antsy, but that's understandable. I spent the last 2 hours yesterday in lovely Hell A (LA) traffic. We left my parents at 9:30 am and arrived home after 4 pm. At the house it was a different story. I am not bragging but little one is very smart and extremely physical. He has a knack for getting into things he shouldn't. He also has a stubborn streak a mile long and major ants in his pants. He required 100% watching and even with that he destroyed a few things. Which means I didn't have much one on one time with my mom and no downtime. Hubby and I are going to work out a trip where the little one stay with him. That will give me time to be "with" my mom. I parked myself on the couch for a few hours last night and let hubby take care of the kids. I was beat.

Although I will not feel guilty about my food choices I do feel a bit guilty about no exercising. I had a plan and I didn't do it. I knew it would make me feel great but I truly didn't have it in me to do it.  Back on the horse today.

Am I making the right decision about not feeling guilty about my eating, considering the circumstances?

No comments:

Post a Comment