Sunday, March 18, 2012

Oh I See

I recently had a bright idea.  Admittedly sometimes I am slow with the revelations other times I am right on.

To review - Feb 2011 I reached an all time low weight of 185.  I was loving it.  Slowly I gained weight.

This is not about the "why" I gained weight.  This is about a major misconception I held onto during this time.

I figured is was easy on, easy off.  That 5 or 10 pound (or later nearly 20) gain would come off easy since I already took it off.  No, it wouldn't be as tough as it was the first time. 

I was wrong.

It takes just as long to get rid of a gain as it did the first time.

It sucks but it is true.

This misconception killed my motivation to actually get the weight off.

3 comments:

  1. For me too! Actually, I hate to say it, but maybe for me it takes longer to drop the pounds after I've regained. My body seems to really want to hang on:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. It sucks BUT don't worry about it. I mean we have to be moving up or down the scale regardless so we might as well be moving down no matter how long it takes. You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been there... and unfortunately for me that 5 turned into 10, 20 and eventually 158lbs of gain. Thankfully I am on my way back down again, but it took me 10 years to get the motivation to get back on track for real! This time I'm going to hold on with EVERYTHING that I have!!

    ReplyDelete