Thursday, February 16, 2012

Food While Away

My weekend away was great with a few minor exceptions. The B&B was nice. Not as much as I expected. I thought it was going to be some quaint place off in the mountains way off the main roads. Turns out the place was right on a main road in the town. The room was nice and clean and well kept. The grounds however could use some picking and perking up. The scrapping room was awesome and well appointed. The food, that deserves a whole paragraph

You ever go on a trip and wish you had more information before you left. I did. The first night (Thursday) dinner was own our own. We choose Mexican. It was traditional Mexican with all the full fatty beans. I had some tummy issues so I barely ate. I think I was fighting off the flu that my boy had earlier in the week. It would have been nice if the person charge would have told us beforehand we were eating Mexican from the same place on Saturday.  Since the place is a Bed and Breakfast, they can only cook breakfast, again I would have love to known this.  Dinner on Friday was Domino's pizza and a Costco salad.  I wish we could have bought from a local joint.  The pizza was horrible.  I barely choked down my piece and it killed my stomach.  Breakfast were a whole different story.  They were beautiful but the variety, richness and flavors were so much more then my poor tummy was used to.  Below was one example - cantaloupe, applesauce yogurt with homemade granola, blueberry poopyseed muffin, maple glazed ham, veggie quiche and white chocolate chip and fruit scone with sugar coated top.  Lunch was on our own on Fri and Sat was a boxed salad (blah!!!).

My stomach and back end were in turmoil the whole trip.  I feel like the bug passed by frienday morning and the rest of the time is was indigestion.  I had to make a trip to Walgreen's to get some tums and the market to buy some mellow foods to calm the system down.  I don't know why I felt so bad.  Was I still fighting the bug?  Or am I used to plainer less variety and cleaner eating?  Did you ever have a trip were you thought the eating would be fantastic and it turns out it wasn't worth the pain or trouble?

1 comment:

  1. With havin so much cοntеnt and aгtіclеs do you ever run іnto
    any issuеs of plagoгism or сoρyright violation?
    My ωebsite hаs a lot of comрletely unique cοntent I've either written myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my permission. Do you know any ways to help stop content from being ripped off? I'd definitely apρreciаtе
    it.

    Feel fгee to surf to my weblog - Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete