Friday, January 13, 2012

Trail Courtesy Dead?

Is trail courtesy dead?

I’d say that 90% of the time a bike passes me on a trial lately I get no warning.  For years I have been teaching my child to say “on your left” when he is passing someone on a pathway.  It’s common courtesy.  Hell, it’s a safety issue in my opinion.  Why does this seem to be a dead art around here?

So many times I get shocked with the passing bike because they are going fast and you don’t expect it.

How difficult is it to say “on your left”?  There is even a sign all along the trail that bikes have to yield to walkers.

How is trail courtesy in your neck of the woods.

1 comment:

  1. Don't get me started! I get so frustrated when we ride bikes. I always announce that I am coming up on someone. But many runners/walkers have loud music blaring in their ears and don't hear and they tend to walk in the middle of the trail. So, now you've heard the other side:)

    ReplyDelete