Monday, November 28, 2011

Black Friday Blues

On Black Friday I went to Road Runner Sports to finally buy some new running shoes and maybe some higher end running gear.  I am a firm believer in buying the correct running shoes regardless of price.  I love RR and I love that you can return the shoes (even used) up to 90 days.

imageimage

I ended up with 2 completely different shoes (thanks to the return policy).  I want to get into barefoot running and I need a flat shoes for kettlebell training so I went with the New Balance Minimus.  But since my half marathon is a mere 9 weeks away and long distance is not recommend with barefoot shoes and beginners I went with the traditional but very light Brooks Ghost.  I did a 3 mile walk / run with both and so far I love the NB.  I am not sure about the Brooks (possible return).

Onto to some clothes.  I have mentioned before that I look like Humpty Dumpty.  I am not being hard on myself, it’s my reality.  I carry 85% of my weight between my collar bones and hipbones.  I have very little excess weight on my hips, butt, thighs, calves and arms.  I have a man belly.  Seriously I am not exaggerating, it is a man belly for sure.  My love handles are about 2 inches wider than my hips.  Big belly.

I steeled my will and set into the dressing rooms armed with L and XL exercise clothes.  I was able to put everything on but it wasn’t pretty.  I tired some compression capris and shorts.  I didn’t feel enough compression with the XL so I went to the large,  Oh crap when I pulled them over my man belly I pulled the drawstring out.  Great, now I am in the dressing room trying to fish out the drawstring out of the waistband.  Fantastic.  Nothing felt right.

HELP!  Who carries bigger girl but higher quality exercise gear.  I am looking for wicking, compression, non cotton materials (sweat).  I am considering going back and trying the men's shorts.  I want to go to stores because so many online stores charge for return shipping now. 

I just want something that fits, keeps my bits and pieces in, keep the sweat off me and I don’t feel like a sausage in it.

** I have a whole post just dedicated to wicking underwear experience at Road Runner, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment