Monday, September 26, 2011

Menu Planning Monday

Well I actually did this on Sunday and did all the shopping.  I don’t set my menu for a certain day.  I pick 5 to 6 meals and then choose what to make in the morning.  With the way our life works I have to be flexible.  For example yesterday was eggplant Parmesan sandwiches.  I made mine and then waited for hubby’s “on way home” call.  The call became “I’ll be late” and turned into him getting home at 1am (19 hour day).  So I will make them again tonight.  Shift in plans.

Meal 1- Eggplant Parmesan sammie. – Hubby wanted to have the tradition breaded and fired type.  We usually bake or roast our eggplant.  I had mine last night, heavy and make me sick on the throne later.

Meal 2 – Pepper steak.  Rocco’s Now Eat This cookbook has a fantastic pepper steak on page 139.  This was our introduction to Anaheim peppers (yum) now in our garden (so tiny).  We use Tri Tip we get on sale and trim the fat.  Its cheaper.  The calorie count is 326.

Meal 3 – Carnitas.  First time making carnitas in the crock pot.  I bought corn tortillas for this one.  Wish me luck.

Meal 4 – Eggplant Lasagna

Meal 5 – Chicken in mustard sauce.  Basically a breast with a Dijon sauce.  easy.

Meal 6 – Chicken Ka-bobs with veggies.  Use those garden veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment