Has life really changed since high school?
This past weekend was my 20 year reunion. That baffles me. How in the world did 20 years pass by. I didn’t go for many reasons. High school wasn’t horrendous but on the same token it wasn’t the time of my life either. I didn’t really know myself, who does? I didn’t keep in touch with anyone. My first year out of school I basically didn’t associate with anyone from HS. That was mainly due to the boyfriend I had my senior year (not from my school). Facebook was the only reason I knew about the reunion. They created a group and out of curiosity I joined.
It was interesting seeing the pictures. Some people looked almost the same. Others wildly changed. The men mostly.
Is my late 30’s any different than HS?
- The pretty girls are mostly still pretty and get all the attention
- We want to be kissed and loved
- The fun popular kids are the ones who get invited places
- You have to watch what you say all the time
- We lust after the cute boys – hello Twilight anyone
- What you do, wear, live matter to some people
- It’s hard to know who your true friends are
- You are still “trying to figure it out”
- The ones with the best “toys” have the most “friends”
- Sports and celebrity are far more important that being real
- There is very few people you can be real with
- Your loved ones (husband) matter most to you
- What kind of car your drive is a status to some
- People disappoint you
- Brands are important
- People still talk behind your back
- Rumors are still abound
- Gossip rules and people love to gossip
- No matter how much you try to deny it, family matters and your parents matter
I was in a bit of a mood when I wrote this. The only thing that has changed since high school is me. All the outside crap is the same just a different setting. What do you think?