Friday, July 8, 2011

5? Fri 7/8/11

1. Do you think cursive writing is overrated? (Schools in Indiana have now voted to take teaching cursive writing out of their curriculum.)
Hated it.  Sucked at it mainly because I skipped 4th grade.  It is needed because you need to be able to read it.  I’ve noticed my almost second grader has issues reading other fonts.  Especially any twirly fonts.  I do think it is an outdated skill. I just don’t know.

2. Do you still use a pocket calendar or notepad or do you keep your info on your smart phone?
I need to join list makers or note makers anonymous.  I don’t have a smart phone yet.  My phone is ancient.  I had a nice one (not smart) but the toddler decided it needed to go in the toilet.  I am waiting for my plan to let me get a new phone and hopefully I can justify the cost of a smart phone.  That aside I make notes and lists everywhere.  I am trying to consolidate.  I use the sticky note on my desktop alot (like a post – it) and I am beginning to love Microsoft One-Note.  Otherwise I have notepads and papers everywhere.

3. What 3 things would you save if your house was burning down? (family & pets are already safe)
My external hardrive (with all my pics), my scrapbooks and some framed pictures.  It’s all about the pictures.  I don’t have any special or generational pieces I would want to save, just my pics.

4. Country Mouse or City Mouse, err Person?
Suburban mouse.  Don’t want city life or country.  I am happy in my burbs.  I have beautiful outdoor wilderness areas and Target down the street.  My parents live in the mountains.  It takes 30 min for the market and over an hour to any major store, that is not for me.

5. If you could pick ANY reality show to go on, which would you pick?
Real Housewives of Orange County to show that how an actual REAL housewife of OC lives, dresses, spends and acts.  It is a major joke around here watching those ladies make us all look bad.  The live in the same general area.  Yes, I admit I watch it for curiosity factor.  I like to see the restaurant they go to etc.

1 comment:

  1. I'd be saving all my pics, too. And if you do get a smartphone, you might want to look into SpringPad-- it's a free site that lets you make notebooks for any topics/ notes that you want. You can access it from both a computer and a smart phone. I used to have notepads all over the place, and I'm slowly trying to convert everything to springpad. :)

    My 5QF answers are posted HERE if you'd like to take a peek!

    ReplyDelete