Wednesday, June 8, 2011

That was Hard Work

Today I went to my first Gentle Restorative Yoga class.  I knew this wouldn’t be like my regular sweat inducing yoga class.  But seriously.

Description:
A relaxing class designed for rejuvenation and treating fatigue; perinatal mothers; recuperation from injuries and senior citizens with limited mobility. Beginning with a few minutes of gentle movements and stretching to ease restlessness in the mind and prepare the body for relaxation. Restorative postures, soothing and well-supported by blankets, blocks, or other props follow, held for several minutes at a time allowing for chronic tension to be released.

It was “hard work” but not that type of “work”.  You have to focus on your breathing and keep your mind focused.  The second my mind started heading into the “To Do’s” my breathing became shallow.  My mantra was “I am present”.  It was so hard not to let my mind wander into work mode.  I don’t think I’ve ever spent an hour staying present in the moment with focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment