Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sticky Observation

I noticed something when I am cooking.

Cooked pasta – sticky
cooked white rice – super sticky
Cooked brown rice – not as sticky
Cooked potatoes – super sticky, try cutting them. Stickiness all over
Cooked egg – not sticky
Raw eggs – not sticky
Bread dough – definition of sticky
Waffle mix – gooey, sticky
Meat – not sticky
Veggies – not sticky

What is all the stickiness doing to my inside, my arteries. I can just imagine it sticking right in there. There is something to this whole “low carb” and right carb thing. I can also image that sticky potato sticking right to my tummy.

Try this at home. Look at the texture of the foods you are eating. Then imagine what they are doing inside of you.

1 comment:

  1. Ah! I just did that with corn syrup. I made my boys granola bars and put the corn syrup spoon down on the countertop and it took me DAYS to get the crusty/sticky/gooey mess it made off. I had that thought: What is this doing inside my body?!

    ReplyDelete