Friday, June 10, 2011

5? Friday 6/10

th_w6r0jk

1. How close to your childhood dreams is your life now?
This is a heavy one.  To be honest I don’t remember what my childhood dreams were.  When I was a young adult I knew it was important to me to be home with my kids, and here I am.  Yes, I have a chemistry degree, yes I used it for about 10 years.  Will I use it again?  don’t know!

2. What is one must have item for the summer?
Sunscreen, we are all fair.  I hate putting it on.  My routine for the boys is start at home, use cream, then spray and zinc stick on face.  Spray and zinc stick while at beach, pool, etc.

3. Do you have your kids stay up on school stuff during summer vacation? (Or, if you don't have kiddos, did your parents make you keep up on school stuff during summer?)
My oldest just finished first grade.  I have a full plan for his this summer (first time).  I was in camp most of my summers when I was kid.  I don’t remember doing work.

This is touchy for me.  I’ve been feeling like I failed him in the past and I want to make up for it.  Work with him more.

4. Do you can or freeze fresh produce?
Funny you ask.  With a hopefully fruitful garden this summer I want to learn how to store my produce (can or freeze).  I have frozen bananas, thats about it so far.  Any tips or tricks welcome, especially with tomatoes, we have 6 huge plants.

5. Do you get ready for the day first thing in the morning?
This is a confusing one.  Does it mean do I shower and do it all first thing out of bed or something else?  If that's the case, then no.  My usual MO is throw some clothes on, pull back hair, remove night guard and head downstairs with glasses on.  At some point I will go back up and wash, contacts, brush, maybe shower, and dress for the next thing (kid drop off, exercise class, etc).  If its an early morning “thing” then yes, I do everything before I head downstairs (if the tyrants kids allow), food (maybe) then out the door.

1 comment:

  1. 1. My guess is pretty close since I suspect I wanted to be married and have kids.

    2. I agree!

    3. No more school for us forever! I hated when my boys had summer reading for high school.

    4. Nope.

    5. OMG no. Here it is after lunch and I am in my workout clothes still.

    ReplyDelete