Friday, June 24, 2011

5? Fri 6/24/11 and Then Some

1. What is your current favorite TV show?
I hate picking favorites.  I enjoy so much in life that I have a hard time saying this is the one.  That being said, I really enjoy the darker grittier shows like Dexter, Weeds, Rescue Me, Big Love.  Unfortunately, most of these I watch by myself.  Hubby and I enjoy In Plain Sight, Burn Notice, Justified, Royal Pains, etc.

2. What's the worst haircut you ever got?
Probably any cut between the ages of 5 and 14.  Love my parents but they didn’t make the best choices for me or teach me the same when it came to hair and clothes.  They tried.  The ones below are not the worst examples.  I had the bowl, boy cut for sometime.  I was well into my 20’s and even 30’s when I really was able to use my assets correctly.

image0000147A image0000152A

3. What was something that you did as a child that you thought you were so cool for doing?
I probably thought I was super cool with the perm, frosted pink lipstick and blue eye shadow above.

4. Do you have any GREAT frugal family fun tips?
We are fortunate to live in an area with access to free stuff.  We have a pool down the street.  A beach pool (surrounded by sand) about a mile away.  Beautiful playgrounds.  Hiking trails and a nature area outside of our neighborhood, etc.  With a mild climate being outdoors is possible nearly year round.  As an example the 2 big boys are fishing at the man made lake and exercise path that is about a mile away.  No actual tips, just spend time together.

5. Would you drive across country if you had the money to fly?
If I had older kids and unlimited time and money, sure.  I would stop at cool locations, stay in nice places and explore.  We considered driving for a trip from CA to FL.  Luckily hubby changed his mind and bought plane tickets.

*********************************************************************************************************
Sorry I’ve been MIA the past few days.  Busy with a capitol B.  Mon – Disneyland with the 2 year old for half the day, lunch with hubby, kettlebells among the other stuff.  Tue – last day of school and big trip to Disney with 7 year old, fun.  We have passes but are blocked for the summer.  We went to celebrate the end of first grade.  Wed – errand day and annual OB* visit.  Thur – Legoland trip with big kid.  Today – crash.

* OB – we discussed doing this (click here) to help with the insanity of my TOM.  Crossing my fingers that the insurance will cover it.  Friends who have done it are so so happy with the outcome.

Sleep deprived here, again – my toddler came down with a virus.  He has been spiking fevers the past 2 days, etc.  Hubby rocks, he watched him all day and took him to the Dr.  We thought is was an ear infection.

No comments:

Post a Comment