Monday, May 23, 2011

Opinion Needed

I am in a bit bit of a quandary and would love an opinion.  The 411 is this ..

For the past few weeks I have been thinking of a goal achievement gift.  Something to work towards when I reach a desired weight.  Something to get my butt back in gear.  It worked well for me when I wanted to get under 200.  My tea pot was my reward.Capture

I’ve been dreaming about a reader device and an Ipad.  An Ipad is a bit too pricey for me and I am not a Mac person.  So a good in-between would be a Nook Color.  Need to do more research.  One thing I love is I can sync my outlook calendar.

The desired weight is 174.  I’ve been thinking this but I haven’t made a commitment to it or told anyone about my goal.

So what's the problem?

Yesterday was my 38th birthday.  Hubby is not the best best present buyer.  Last night he said my gift is still in the store waiting for me to pick it out.  I got the green light to buy a Nook.

Do I go ahead and buy a Nook and find something else to “work” towards?  Or do I wait?

3 comments:

  1. This is a tough one! You only have about 10 to go.. so I don't know. Will it take away some of the motivation for you? If you think you won't work as hard to get to that goal, then wait. But if it won't deter you, I say get it now and find a new reward for the goal. or maybe only allow yourself to buy one book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say go for it! You have been wanting one of these for a while now and you can always find another goal gift. Besides, it won't take you long to hit 174 once we start training for our 1/2 marathon in January!

    ReplyDelete