Sunday, May 15, 2011

Attempting a Disconnect

We are heading out of town tomorrow night.

Some of my family members may disagree with me, but I don’t think I am too addicted to the cyber world.  Sometime you have to take comments in context.  The day of anniversary party in April I received about 5 cell phone calls.  Mostly it was guest asking party questions.  My mom felt like I was on my phone all day.  Really, I don’t think so.  My hubby complains too but he is 1. not on facebook, etc and 2. he has a tendency to be an antisocial hermit and 3. does very little communication through email.

I will admit there is days were I do have a problem.  If I send something out where I am looking for a response (i.e. a baseball email) I have a tendency to get obsessive about checking.  I read blogs only once a day.  Facebook – sometimes only once, other times not so much.  I enjoy the connection, the glimpse into friends lives.  Email and texting are the ways most of my friends communicate.  Email is also the way I communicate for the kids activities – school, PTA, baseball and playdates.  We don’t have time to be on the phone.  I may text 2 – 6 times in a day, not an issue in my opinion.  Hell, texting is only way I seem to be able to get a babysitter.

All that being said, I will not be going on the computer for the next 3 days.  No email, no facebook, no blog reading. etc. 

3 comments:

  1. We will miss you! Hope you have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't go anywhere! :-). I have some posts planned. Not leaving until mon night and we will be back on thur.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I think we all need to disconnect sometimes. It gives us more time for ourselves and others. ;)

    ReplyDelete