Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Appetite Fluctuations

This is to everyone just getting started or like me a RESTART.

Your appetite will change constantly.  When I am eating correctly, within my calorie range and on the medium to low carb total my appetite is decreased.  I fill up quickly and I feel satisfied.

The last 2 months I have been “off” with my eating.  The bad days outnumbered the good.  The tracking was nonexistent.  Last week we went to TGIF for dinner.  At this time I was not in a good place with my eating and emotions.  What did I choose to eat?  THIS!

HeroShotTwo

I woofed down the whole burger and some fries.  The thing I noticed is I WASN’T stuffed or full.  My appetite changed from weeks of poor eating choices and binges.  Beforehand I would have been full on half the burger with no fries.

When you are correcting your food choices (like me) and just getting started on your weight loss journey your body will adjust.  It will take time and it will be troublesome (headaches, temp sensitivity, etc).  The other day I was freezing in the 70 degree house.  My hubby questioned why I was so cold.  Answer – my body was adjusting to my diet and the reduction of sugar and calories.

Give it time.  You will begin to feel satisfied with the reduced calories.  I am still adjusting.  Day 4 on track.

2 comments:

  1. That is one of the big things I loved about low carb. You REALLY do feel fuller, faster. I loved it. I felt like I could coast all day on no foods. I'd hear my stomach growl, but I wasn't hungry! It was AWESOME. It was GREAT. It's a major plus to a low carb diet. And it DOES happen, too. You feel full while you're eating less. Goes to show that the body does work without sugars/carbs.

    I'm glad you're on track. That makes me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, so TRUE. What Chubby McGee said is so right too. I guess that means I have lots of reasons to get back on track. Why is it so hard when so much good comes from it?

    ReplyDelete