Monday, March 28, 2011

Tougher Than I Thought

As you can see here and here, I have been making a conscious effort to NOT put my time and energy away from my home and myself.  I really feel its time to put my focus inward to my home and myself.  As part of that plan I will need to find my atta boys and good jobs without actually directly getting them.  I enjoy the pat on the backs you get from a well done job, read here for an explanation.

I started my path with telling my MOPS steering committee I will not be volunteering next year.  The first person I told responded with “there is other positions you can do”, ok not the point.  The second response from the leader was ”there will no steering next year”.  Not a stellar response (guilt inducing) even though I thoroughly explained that I need to work on my home and I was never able to just enjoy the meeting (I’ve always been on the committee).

The other day I registered my son for soccer (in fall).  I nearly felt panicky NOT filling out the volunteer application.  To add insult to injury, I was questioned three times about volunteering and there was a red flag placed on my son’s application.  I felt so guilty that I even went back and asked the division manager what volunteer spots are open.  Logically, I really can’t do much anyway.  I would love to coach but hubby works weekends, which leaves me with the Diablo (2 yo) and we have NO family to help out.  That also leaves out referee and field prep.

Seriously I was in a state of panicky guilt for not volunteering.  This is going to take time.

Chubby McGee – if you are reading this, miss you, can I get an invite??

No comments:

Post a Comment