Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Dressing Room Dilemmas

I have slowly been working on beefing up my seriously lacking wardrobe.  I had to toss 3 shirts this week alone (holes and I have enough junky shits).  Shopping is less fun and more frustrating and tiring than I thought it would be. 

I went to Wal-Mart with the toddler in tow.  I know – not the best situation to clothes shop especially since I now have to try everything on.  I picked up some shirts and capris in 12 and 14. I had to force myself to not go to the Women’s (plus) section even though I saw some cute shirts.  Shopping the the “regular” section felt foreign to me.  Like I was entering a forbidden zone.

The 12’s all zipped up and buttoned.  Some were a bit tight so I didn’t buy them.  The shirts were Large but it feel foreign to me to have such fitting shirts.  I might go back and get the XL’s.  I am also not used to the girls and the girls points being so visible.  I have to get used to it I guess.

I tired Old Navy last night.  A bunch of Large shirts.  They fit but again too snug.  I might upsize but it is frustrating to see so little progress in the size department.  I didn’t buy anything but I will go back and spend more time at Old Navy.

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to get passed the mental part in the changing room. Very difficult. I'm very happy (and proud) that you're in 12s. That's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete