Saturday, February 26, 2011

Starting From Scratch

The hard thing about trying to get fit and get over a illness is feeling like you have to start all over again.  I have been sick since Sunday.  Last workout was Monday (a pathetic one).  I haven't tracked my food all week and my house looks like a tornado went thru.

Starting from scratch.

I am slowly moving back into gear.  Thanks to El Diablo I got very little sleep last night but I am feeling better, with a sight amount of energy.  I may crash later.  Laundry is going, dishwasher is going, changed sheets, put away clean clothes, picked up, did email and blog reading and its not even 9 am yet.

Baseball was cancelled with the weather.  I actually wanted it to happen today so I can get all the crap off my plate – uniforms, picture envelopes, fundraising envelopes and birth certificates for verification, etc.

The challenge for today is multifold – get the house in order while keeping kids entertained and avoid them making more chaotic mess all while keeping myself back in order, staying on with my food and maybe getting some exercise.

How do you get back on track after an extended illness or other bump in the road?

2 comments:

  1. As life presents unexpected events, I remember to have heartfelt and sincere gratitude for all of the plentiful choices I am free to make. A positive attitude and focus on the great things in life make it easier for me to get back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just take things one at a time. Don't try to overdo it. Make a list of things to be done and prioritize it. After an extended illness like you've had, you can't just jump back in to the deep end with both feet... wade in a little, get your strength back. It doesn't matter if the laundry sits for an extra day, or if the baseball stuff doesn't get passed back out. The important thing is to take care of you, because if you relapse, then you are back at square one!

    ReplyDelete