Friday, February 4, 2011

A Little Less Painful

I mentioned here how I was happy to be 2 tenths below hubby, then I mentioned here where we were the same weight, ah then I mentioned here where I was 9 pound heavier in 7 days.

Turns out it was false.  Why you ask?  Here it goes.

Hubby fibbed about his weight being 187.6, the day I thought we were equal.  He was actually 3 pounds lighter that day.  He fibbed on our log sheet because:

1.  He knew how pumped and excited I was to be less than him
2.  He didn't want me to get disappointed that I was no longer less than him
3.  He didn’t want my disappointment to turn into sabotage and depression, which it has many times for many circumstances.

I get it, but I told him NEVER do that again.  I am allowed my reaction wither good or plain shitty.  Do I need to work on my disappointment / sabotage cycle?  HELL YES.

5 comments:

  1. I can understand your frustration, in spite of how much he tried to think of your feelings first. But I'm wondering why you base your confirmation of success on how your loss/weight compares to your husband? You will eventually be smaller than him, and will get to a size that he cannot get to (right?), so at which weight would you stop comparing? When you are 5 pounds or so less than him?

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great comment. I am going to reply with a post. You got me thinking. I need to work it out and I need TIME to write. soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks for your comment on my post-and I was NOT talking about you ;-) ...hopefully my new post explains-I hate to make anyone who is really trying think I was talking about them! Looking forward to your new post!


    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I sometimes suffer from confidence issues :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwww... that's a man who loves you. Yes, I agree that you would want him to be straight with you and I'm glad you gave him permission to do so. He's a great guy, regardless of how it came out.

    ReplyDelete