Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I’m Scared

I need clothes, bad.  I also need shoes.  Not to mention a dress for my 10th anniversary party.  90% of my clothes are too big or I have very few pieces.  Seriously I have 1 decent long sleeve shirt.  Not that I have any money right now but it doesn’t matter, I am too chicken shit to go shopping.  Why you ask? 

I have been shopping almost exclusively at Lane Bryant for at least 15 years.  The smallest size they carry is a 14 and it in my opinion a generous 14.  I may have occasional pieces from Target, Wal-Mart or Old Navy.  I know in my heart that most of my body is much smaller than a 14 but my belly.  My belly is still big.  If something is fitted in the belly area (pants) I may not be lower than a 14.  I may even be higher, like a 16.

I am scared to find out where I am I.  I feel like I deserve to shop at regular store but fear I am not quite there yet.  I am scared I will get disappointed and frustrated which could very easily lead directly to eating crap, especially at the mall, land of temptation.

Secondary to being scared I also don’t have the time it will take to try everything on.  Blah, boring and time consuming.  Maybe bringing a friend would help but most of my friends have very little time too.  Plus with my hubby working weekends and theirs being normal 9-5 ers, it would be hard to carve out the time needed.  I don’t think shopping with me would be high on their priority list.  I was thinking maybe going with my mom when she visits next weekend but it depends on how she is feeling and would require someone else to care for the kids.

Third, I have no fricking clue where to shop.

For those successful weight droppers out there, what have you done?

6 comments:

  1. Having your clothes not fit because they're too big is not a bad problem to have! You should shop at Kohl's, I'm sure you would find clothes in the regular section, but if not, they have a Womens section right next to it. I think you mind just hasn't caught up to where your body is! I hate shopping too tho....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. It is so weird. I agree that Kohl's has some cute inexpensive clothes and they have a wide variety of sizes. Just get in there and try. I know it is a drag and takes time, but you'll be glad. Just start with a couple of basic items like black pants and a pair of jeans. And enjoy the new clothes, you deserve them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy- Allan is the guy from Almost Gastric Bypass. It's: almostgastricbypass2.blogspot.com

    He's lost a ton of weight and he is leading a challenge with 60 of us to follow a diet and exercise regimen. The winner wins prizes and such. Check him out, not everyone gets him, I happen to think he's funny and great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good recommendations above... Just remember that clothing for women is really variable. So you could be an 8, 10, or 12 at the same MEASUREMENTS you are now. I know it's hard, but don't let that get you down. I think once you find a brand that fits you better, you can just keep going back to it in smaller sizes.

    I've noticed that at Target (of all places), they have a cool new thing (or maybe they've always done this and I'm just noticing) that they have body types now on their pants. So Fit 1 would be skinny (or whatever it is), Fit 2 would be another body type... Fit 4 is what I'm wearing, which is a bit curvier. Now I love getting pants there, because I can walk right over and know that if the tag says Fit 4 it will look right on me. Since I'm not at my "goal" weight, I'm just shopping at Target/Walmart and getting a couple pairs of pants so that I have something in the right size, but will still wear my bigger sizes too. But I am not really a high fashion kind of gal. I'd love to look stylish, but I don't care to spend any kind of real money on clothes... Maybe I'll splurge a bit more when I am at my final destination (if there is such a thing).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am suprised you are not at goal with a 47 pound loss. You don't seem like you have that much more. I will check out Target.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only 42 lbs... and I had 60 to lose, so I'm still working, working, working on it...

    ReplyDelete