Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Present of Example

I am fat and my 6 year old knows I am fat.

We have a lot of food issues with him.  So many that I won’t bore you with the details.  On a scale of 1-10, 1 being the worst food to give him, we are around a 6.  We have loads of room for improvement.  He is super skinny, 46 pounds and 46 inches.

But I must be doing something right.  On Christmas Eve little man went to Target with my parents.  He decided I need a new Yoga mat for Christmas.  What a great reflection that I am showing him a healthy lifestyle by example.

The last 2 days I overate.  I feel it all over my body.  I also missed exercise.

(12/25) B – Greek frittata w/ mostly egg whites, eng muffin w/ butter. 1/2 cinn roll.  S – serving of choc bar.  L- 1 slice rye, 1 slice havarti, 2 slices turkey, mayo.  D – 1 slice prime rib, scallop pots, some Brussels sprouts, 1/2 loaf sourdough. Dessert – 1/2 mini lava cake with ice cream and whipped cream,  2 glasses wine, black tea S x 4, water 48 oz.

(12/24) B – 1 egg + 2 whites scrambled, 1 English muffin, butter.  L – Cheese steak, fries w/ cheese.  S – PB pretzels, ice cream, pop chips. D – chicken, mushrooms, arti w/ cream & yogurt, 2.5 slices garlic bread.  S – Cookie dough   Dr – black tea SM x2, oolong US, Water 56 oz.

1 comment:

  1. I bet he'll be super excited every time you whip out that yoga mat. He'll feel proud and you'll feel accomplished.

    You're right, too. We are their example setters. My little guy (he's four) is "overweight" and it breaks my heart, but we're working on it now and we'll all be able to button our jeans a lot better in the next few months. :)

    ReplyDelete