Saturday, November 20, 2010

Eyes Down

The other day I sweated in a Kick Fit class.  It is a combo cardio, bag boxing and strength training class.  The class is at small Karate Do Jo.  I was the only one there.

Here is what I noticed.  In the class we face a wall of mirrors.  I don't like to look at myself while exercising.  I look at the ground or the instructor.  I forced myself a few times to look up.  Weird thing is that I am not modest.  I walk around buck naked at home in front of a ton of mirrors.  I even look at and move around the jiggly parts, in observation not criticism.  But ... for some reason I don't like seeing myself exercising.  Or maybe I don't like seeing myself next to the super fit instructor.  When I look in the mirror I loose focus and I get critical.

Do you like exercising in front of a mirror?

Have to say I love hitting and kicking the bag.  Nice!!!

P.S.  I have a cold combined with a sick baby = no sleep.  I missed exercise Fri and Sat.  Not even sure if I can pull it off on Sun.  Feeling sick and exercising don't compute yet.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon. Seems like it going around (stay away from me...sick people...lol). If you feel like working out and your don't have body aches it is ok...but, you know your body better than anyone else.

    The Kick Fit class sounds like fun...I want to punch and kick something ;)

    I do always look in mirrors when I work out. Not sure why though...maybe I'm vain...no, I like to see progress and change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strength training - yes. I like to watch my form. Cardio - NO. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete