Saturday, November 27, 2010

Dr Jekyll and Mrs. Hyde

Back on the horse today - sort of.

Last weekend I came down with a cold and I let it take over my life.  We also went out of town Tue to Friday.  I still felt sick up until today.  I think the cold became a sinus infection.  When I get sick, all bets are off.  I don't like that I do that.  I want to be the person where exercise is second nature.  I love to exercise, I love when I do it often but I let life (colds, etc) derailed me too easily. 

I forced myself to get on the treadmill today.  Dusted that bad boy off.  It was great.  I did a hill walk for 30 min and watched an episode of Hung.  Luckily the toddler cooperated with a long nap.

That was the good part of my day.  On to the bad part.


I binged.  Plain and simple.  I ate late in the morning.  2 eggs and 2 slices of rye - ok there.  I cleaned, lanudry, kids, etc and skipped lunch.  Decided I will grab something before going to market at 3pm - bad idea, should have eaten at home and earlier.  Bring on a cheese steak.  Then I get to the market with toddler in tow.  I eyeball a monster sized red velvet cupcake.  I contemplate and decide NO.  Move on to the ice cream - NO again but I decided I was going for the Fig Newtons.  I had a craving a few weeks ago but I skipped it.  Not today.  I bought a pack and ate at least 10 in the store and probably about 5 more on the way home.  I was so full that I didn't eat dinner.  It's 9:30 pm and I still feel bloaty and full. 

Was I self sabatoging?  My weight was up this am from lack of exercise and poor food choices on our trip.

2 comments:

  1. I have so been there and done that. And I don't know why. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes binges are really hard to figure out. Sometimes the body just pushes to eat if you have been restricting calories for a while. Sometimes it is emotional, maybe a holiday let down or the like.

    You just have to push it aside and move on from there.

    ReplyDelete