Thursday, October 7, 2010

Vacation Again

We are heading out of town again.  This trip is far different from the several we have taken the past year. 

The differences
Completely new cities where we have no idea what is available to us.  We are staying in a hotel rather then renting out houses.  We will be eating out more often than all of our previous trips combined.  We don't know where to find the healthier eating out options

The positives
We are going on vacation.  Although vacation and a 19 month old don't compute.  We are staying in suite hotels with kitchenettes.  Both hotels have fitness rooms and indoor pools.  We are packing workout clothes and swimsuits.  I am checking something off my bucket list - New York City.

Both hubby and don't want to gain weight this trip.  On the other hand I also have a few items I want to indulge in.  Oh like our trip to TLC's Cake Boss's Bakery.  Cheesesteak in Philly?  I am excited and very nervous about this trip.  I pray the toddler will be ok.  I hope the 3 days of scheduled rain in NY aren't too bad since we are only there for 3 days.

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh! Travel with a toddler. Now THAT's a vacation. One word. BENADRYL. Indulge does not equal binging. Be careful, but have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun, and I bet that 3 days won't have a major impact on your fitness, as long as you don't go totally crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time-I love NY and Philly.

    I'll cross my fingers for great weather for you all!

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOunds like fun! Being a West Coast guy, I've always wanted to visit "Back East". Hope you enjoy it and make decisions you're happy with!

    ReplyDelete