Saturday, October 23, 2010

Perfect Illustration of Why

This is why I don't use my clothes or a particular size as an indicator of success.  I use the scale (yuck, I know) and my measurements.  Granted this is for men's pants but I imagine the discrepancy in women's pants is even crazier.  Imagine Old Navy is a full 5 inches bigger.  5 inches is a lot of extra poundage on the midsection.

I am happy to no longer be in the "women's" or "plus" section.  I look forward to the day when even more options are open to me.  I am on the border still between Plus and Regular sizing.  With the large chest I still have to reach for XL or XXL to cover up the ladies.  Otherwise I could give a crap about the size of the clothes I am wearing.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is really cool to see. I've known this for years, but to actually see the true inch difference is really neat. That's the only reason I bought 3 different brands of size 6 jeans. When I fit into all three pairs, I will stop the weight loss portion of my diet. Otherwise, I don't put much stock into sizes either...as long as it doesn't have a 1 in front of another number.

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog through Polar's mom. Keep string. I will be coming back! Michele

    ReplyDelete