Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I'm Faltering

I had an excellent weigh in last week. The 180's were in my grasp and then I blew it. I blew it big time. I know 2.8 pound gain is not horrendous. It more about where I have been (my head) the last few days that scares me.

I binged big time. I overate. This is something I really haven't done in a long long time. In the past 2 to 3 weeks I overate probably 5 times. 4 of of those being in the last week. That is 5 times too many. I know I overate for a few reasons. I feel like crap, I get bloated, I get stuffy and the oddest thing is I sneeze. When I overeat I sneeze like 50 times in a row. I won't bore you with the details but words like candy apples, butter cookies, 4 hot dogs, 75% of a 9x9 apple crisp don't work with losing weight. Last night at a Boy Scout meeting I had 4 or 5 slices of pizza. My head said "the other moms probably think I am a piggy eating all this pizza." I even snuck a piece so no one would see me eating it. Healthy!!!

Water has been lack and I have been missing my medicine.

Exercise - I know I love it. So why have I not being doing it often enough. I haven't been tracking. I am getting squishy and lumpy and I don't like it. I think it is because I haven't done consistent strength training in 2-3 months. I skipped all the exercise my Dr. wants me to do on my foot too. Really smart!!!

My mind is not in the game. I accepted the overeating, allowed it. I made bad choices and I knew it. My confidence and happiness are on a hiatus. I am pissy. No, it's not that time in case you are wondering.

FIX - The treadmill is fixed. I signed up for a 4 week boot camp with my UPT starting 10/18. I am going to made on a workout plan for the next 2 weeks. A yoga class asap to help refocus the mind. I will keep the food simple. Pre-plan for events like my MOPs meeting (homemade breakfast buffet) and the pool party on Sat. I will decide how I will eat before and during these events and I will enlist help. I will drink my water and take my pills.

2 comments:

  1. I have done my share lately. Time for us both to move on. One healthy day at a time. We can do this:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be too hard on yourself... everyone slips up now and again - we are human after all! But it sounds like you have a good game plan on how to get back on track, so work that from here forward. Also, some tips for the buffet that my Weight Watchers coach gave me last year. When filling your plate, leave room between all the items so that you can see the plate. This will give you smaller portions. You can still enjoy what you want, but only take a small bit of each. Also, if they have a choice between a lunch plate and a dinner plate, use the lunch plate cuz it's smaller! And, don't go back for seconds! Not always easy to do!

    ReplyDelete