Thursday, September 23, 2010

HOT 100

Thanks to a fellow blogger, I decided to enter a competition.  Waisting Time and I have been running similar circles.  That would be similar circles of weight loss hell.  No, we have been having very similar struggles with summer.  Maybe the Hot 100 is what I need to kick my butt in gear.  There is a 100 days from now until the end of the year.  I will make every day count for my getting fit journey.


I am not a believer in the holiday weight gain.  Letting it all go.  I think you can still enjoy the holidays and not go out of control.  My beliefs may stem from the fact we have no family around us, closest is 350 miles (my parents).  My goals are reasonable, in my mind.  The first part of my Hot 100 will be the hardest.  We are heading to NY and Phily in just over a week.  First part bucket list, second part visiting family.  I plan to not go out of control with food but that doesn't mean I am going to avoid.  In fact part of our trip will be visiting Carlo's Bakery (aka Cake Boss).  My oldest (6) is a big fan.

My Goals
  1. To reach a BMI of 29.9 - Overweight and no longer OBESE.  I have to reach 174 pounds.  My current weight is 193 (rounding), So I will drop 19 pounds by 12-31-10.  That will be a total of 42 pounds for 2010.
  2. Take 4 inches of my waist measurements
  3. Drink a minimum of 72oz of water daily.
I think goals should be tangible.  Mine are.  The water gets harder for me when it gets colder.

6 comments:

  1. We can do this! Your water goal was much more specific than mine; but I am drinking it even as I type:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came over from Hot 100-looking forward to following your loss.

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your name on the Hot 100 Challenge list and I just thought I would stop by and say hi. Good luck on all your goals and I will be rooting for you. Hope you don't mind me adding you as one of my favorite blogs.

    http://nevertheskinnygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christina - more the merrier. Love knowing someone out there might be reading my blog. Keeps me on my toes, which is what I need, just not from my hubby. I rebel if he tries to keep me on my toes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the Hot 100! I love the goals - you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you're one of the Hotties doing the Hot 100. Those are great goals. I factored in the holidays so I only made a goal of 17 lbs. but with a little luck I'll match your 19.

    I can't wait 'til my Wii Fit stops saying "that's obese."

    Good luck with the challenge. I'll be cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete