Exercise - So how do I feel about exercise? Over the past 8 months of consistent exercise I have leaned that it is my escape. I enjoy it even though I have a hard time getting to it and sometimes pushing myself. I love how I feel for the rest of the day. I love the changes I see in my body. A great yoga class recharges my soul. Escape - I hope on the treadmill with my headphones and watch my fav dirty TV shows on my kids little DVD player. Those shows that Mr. doesn't watch and kids should be nowhere near, like True Blood, Dexter, Californication, etc. I can even run and still watch the TV. No distractions (mostly), usually no one asking for something. I can exercise continuously without interruption, a key for me.
i don't want to
- run with the jogging stroller & kids because of the pushing and distractions. Not to mention my toddler can wiggle out of the straps.
- do an exercise DVD with the kids around because I ONE don't think it will work and TWO the interruptions
- exercise early in the early morning. I don't really have the same amount of energy and go power I do later. Feels like I am just going thru the moves but not doing it all.
- exercise later in night - SLEEP - enough said
- exercise when baby sleeping. OK when my treadmill was working I would do but now I have to get the cardio in without it and not leave my house. Plus when crazy boy is sleeping, momma gets to get s**t done around the house, relax, eat, blog, spend time with older kid and otherwise recharge during those few precious moments.
With the triathlon around the corner all my training needs to be outside of the house (swim-bike-run). Two of the three I can technically do with the kids, if I get the bike trailer hooked up. But, the trailer makes me nervous. I am not sure I can do the additional 60+ pounds (20 pound kid & the trailer). I don't like jogging with the stroller.
So the solutions haven't come yet. I know they will.