Monday, July 12, 2010

I survived

Today was a stressful day.  It was a combination of my monthly visitor, boot camp, sore foot, headache, chores, errands, tornado house and my crazy kids.  The topper of the day was when my 6yo threw a mega watt temper tantrum.  It was horrible and went off and on for the better part of 3 hours.  At one point I was on my kitchen floor crying and holding my toddler while the demon was upstairs cleaning his room (part of his punishment). 

I made the toddler some mac and cheese.  I wanted so badly to stress eat the whole bowl and then anything else I could find.  But I didn't.  Instead, among all the chaos and mess, I made a dinner inspired from here.  I started with wanting to make the recipe as stated but then quickly realized I was missing some ingredients.  Here is my "kitchen sink / clean the fridge" version.
1 cup cooked quinoa, feta, sliced grape tomatoes saute in butter, can of white beans, blended to liquid spinach slightly steamed in chicken broth.  After I cooked the quinoa I added the rest of ingredients and heated it up some more.
It was great.  I loved the taste.  I am still waiting for Mr. to get home and try it.  I didn't binge.  I survived.  I am currently having a glass of wine though.

No comments:

Post a Comment