Thursday, July 8, 2010

Fitness Test

I am slowly starting my triathlon training.  This week I signed up for a week free at a gym.  I did it to try out a Zumba class my friend has been raving about.  A second bonus is they have a 25m pool. 

Zumba was cool on Tuesday night.  I am not much of a dancer but I really enjoyed it.  I stood behind my energizer bunny friend and watched her steps.  I think I kept up really well.  I am sore in a few new places.

Tonight I wanted to test myself for a 500m swim.  I really didn't know how I would do.  I was thinking I probably wouldn't be able to go non-stop.  It's been over 2 years since I swam for exercise.  Well I .....

Swam 500m non-stop in 11.51.41. 

11 min.  I came home and told Mr., his response was "are you sure".  I still didn't know how I did, so I looked up the 2009 swim times for the triathlon.  The range was about 7 min to upwards of 18 min.  Pretty good start.  Sum it up ... I am more fit that I know.

P.S.  I texted my BFF/ UPT / Energizer bunny right out of the pool, can't wait to hear what she has to say :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment