Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Weekly Weigh In 6/22/10

Weight = 197.2
Loss = -1.6

My total loss since I started this blog is -19.0.  One more pound and I hit 20.  Sweet!  I will take pictures then, if I can find my camera.  I have been exercising a lot this month.  I am sore and tired but not too bad.

I feeling like I should be channeling the Doors right now.  You know the song lyrics "Break on Thru to the other side".  100% how I feel about my weights over the past month or so.  I just can't seem to break thru.  I will.  I will hit 195.  That is what I am chanting in my head.  195, 195, 195, 195. 

Side note - I have been watching Jullian Michaels new show and I am flabbergasted.  Last week a 300 pound lady lost like 75 pounds in 8 or 9 weeks.  Seriously, 8 pounds a week.  How the hell?

5 comments:

  1. Hooray! You are at your lowest yet! You have started to break through and you will continue! Can't wait for you to reach the first 20... so close you can tasted it!

    I watched one episode of the new JM show. I am a huge fan of hers, but I am skeptical of this show. One week? I just don't see how one week can make a difference in the lives of people who have struggled for years. Sure! 8 lbs in a week it toally doable when you weigh 300 lbs! It takes a lot of energy to sustain that weight, so if they start eating remotely reasonably and move, the weight falls off in big chunks at first - especially since they have probably been put on ridiculously low calorie intake for the show. It slows down as the weight comes off. This is more true for folks who have not exercised, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree I also think it is a matter of how their diet was before. Before Jan 2010 I was eating realitively clean, no soda, lots of water, etc so the changes I made to my diet over the past 6 months is very minimal. That is also why my initial weights didn't drop so drastically in the begininning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've found that accountability and encouragement are two of the most important things when you are battling weight loss. it really is awesome to have a community where you can find both of those :) well done on losing the pound. you are so close!!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. On Facebook today JM said that women on the show intake 1200 calories per day (men 1600) and women are expected to burn 3500 calories per day (men 4500). And I totally concur with your comment about prior diet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the FB comments today too. One thing people are confused on is the burning 3500 cal. They think its 3500 cal just from exercise. I assume she meant total for the day using a body bug etc. You burn cals when you sleep and resting metabolic rates are 1000-1550 cals or so.

    ReplyDelete