Thursday, June 24, 2010

Kicking (my) Butt

So, I though that with the consistent exercise I have been doing over the past 6 months that I was getting more physically fit.  Wow was I wrong!  Last wed (6/16) I started a "Boot Camp" style exercise class with 3-8 people per day, 3 days a week for 1 hour.  Basically we do alternating circuits of cardio and strength.  I have completed 4 classes so far.  Now, I know that basically for the last 6 months I have been doing mostly cardio with the only strength training coming from Yoga.  The class is kicking my a**.

On the positive side - I can do the runs and all the exercises in the right form to mostly completion.  Even though I am the heaviest, I keep up with all the skinny girls.  I sweat (rare for me) and really feel I am getting a workout.  I use fairly heavy weights, except on shoulder work.  If I go to heavy there I pay the next day with a headache from the tightness in my upper back.  I don't get too sore, except in my butt the last few days.  So yes there is progress to my fitness level.

On the negative - I am dead dog tired.  I feel like I am in a fog most days.  I get enough sleep minus the multiple interruptions (cat, Mr, baby).  I am more tired that first trimester pregnancy tired.  I hate going up the stairs and look like an old lady doing so.

1 comment:

  1. You ARE more physically fit!!! It's just not "universal"... meaning, different kinds of activities will challenge you in different ways. And thank goodness for that because that challenge is what makes your body respond and change. You are doing fantastic! I'm in awe of all the fitness you've been doing lately. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete