Sunday, May 2, 2010

May 2010 Goals

This month I have 4 things in mind for my May goals.

  • One is that the weight competition ends on my 37th birthday (May 22). There is $400 on the line and 4 of the competitors are super close in %. Don't get me wrong, the competition does help with motivation but it's not my sole reason for doing this journey. I am in this for the long haul but winning $400 would be awesome.

  • Two is I want to break the 5 pound centering around 200 cycles and start really dropping into weight I haven't seen in well over 10 years. I think that 200 pound mark is very mental and in some way a physical block for me.

  • Three is the October triathlon I signed up for. I need to start upping the cardio and work on the biking and swimming.

  • Four is a June wedding and bathing suit season. I want to rock my black dress in June and I wouldn't mind looking better in a suit this summer. As an obese person I have never really been worried about wearing a bathing suit and I am really not self conscious about it but it would be nice to feel better this summer. Being a stay at some mom in Southern Cali I spend a lot of my summer in a bathing suit.
Goal #1
Weight at 194
I want it lower but I think this is a realistic number to reach and I really really want to make my weight goal this month. The last 2 months have been sh*ty for reaching my goals. I want to be the person who makes and reaches her goals no matter what gets in the way.

Goal #2
Drink a min of 72 oz of water a day
I bought these really nice BPA free Contigo bottles at Costco. Each family member gets one (minus little squirt). They hold 24 oz, so I figure 3 fills a day min. I will probably drink more but on the days I forget, 72 oz is reachable.

Goal #3
Exercise 5 days a week min.
Somehow I will try to add a swim and a bike ride in here somewhere. With a crazy 14 month old, a 6 year old and a shift working husband it is difficult but I will do it.

Mental
I have a few party situations coming up that I will continue to work on the eating compulsion. I need to also work on the food is fuel not my pleasure principle.

My Reward
I am a tea lover. I really want this tea brewer. It is pricey so I really should only get it if I win the competition but I will have to think about it. I have wanted this for well over a year. My heaven is my local Teavana store, www. teavanva.com. I would drink even more tea but sometime I boil the water, turn off the stove and forget I wanted to make the tea or just can't even get to making it.

Sorry so long. Please comment, it helps me keep motivated.

1 comment:

  1. You will break through the plateau, Amy. You've lost a significant amount of weight and your body needs to adjust. You're right, it's time for it to get moving again and you have the right direction to make that happen.

    ReplyDelete