Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Expense of Weight Loss

A blogger friend mentioned the costs of weight loss here http://266-twosixtysix.blogspot.com/. I am just getting started but already I have had to put down some $$$. I HAD to buy some clothes. I mentioned before my clothes are mostly for a 230 pound women. So a 200 pound woman is very uncomfortable in the big clothes. I probably spent over $350 over the last few months but on many many clothes. I bought some exercise clothes, casual clothes, comfy anytime tees, tank tops for summer and a dress. The biggest expense was a black dress. I have never had a little black dress. Now I do. I bought it for a June wedding, the shape is great. It fits now but will only fit better latter. Today I plan on buy new running shoes.
item
The other day I bought an exercise ball and a kettle bell. My “trainer” was to add these to my program. I am excited to add more workouts. I don't pay for a gym but I do pay for my yoga classes (well worth it).

Food costs really haven’t changed. For a few years now we have mostly been eating whole foods. I would like to go more organic but that might not be possible right now. I am a stay at home mom so I really don’t have any extras $$. I am saving because I am not eating out as much. I really need to work on not wasting veggies. I have a habit of buying, leaving in the fridge, rotting, and throwing away. Bad habit! We did plant our garden this week, at bit late, hopefully we will get some produce. I am really hopping the peppers come up, they are expensive but a great super food.

I know the expense of weight loss equals out in the end. Less Dr. visits, longer life, no meds, etc, etc.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link love! It gets so pricey, doesn't it? Every little bit adds up, but it IS worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is pricey... but a lot cheaper than being on meds and paying for health care when you are older and the body is paying the price, right? :) I so hear you on the veggie thing. I have the best plans when I'm at the store... then it's dinner time and I am sick of hearing the kids complain about the dinner and I'm not motivated to make them!
    Alesha

    ReplyDelete