Friday, February 26, 2010

Food - My relationship with it

Veggies - I have to say this. I hate vegetables. I will eat them as part of my food but I need more variety to get them down. Meaning I really have a hard time eating plain veggies alone. I have to cover my salads with lots of other stuff to enjoy them. This Cooler #1 has lots of plain veggies and its killing me. I have missed 2 or more servings every day.

Carbs - They make me happy, literally. I also feel satisfied when I eat even a small amount, like ½ and apple and 1 slice of 45 calorie bread. I have been doing the low carb thing for a few days and I am CRANKY and feel like crap. I not talking 5 slices of pizza carb load, just an apple or a slice of bread. It completely changes how I feel. The low carb thing is not my deal. I am going to stick to conservative carbs. Using whole grains and keeping the carb amount to less than 30g for a meal and 15g for a snack. I can skip the carbs at dinner without much fuss but lunch is super super hard.

Protein - We have a love hate relationship here. I am good with protein if I have it combined with veggies and some carbs, maybe some fat too. I have a hard time just eating a chuck of chicken without anything.

Fats РI love my peanut butter. I was raised on the natural type, skippy is gross. Trader Joes has a new PB with flax seeds, yummy. I love to add avocados to sammies or eggs. I saut̩ with olive oil but eggs I use butter. An apple with natural peanut butter is heaven.

I just needed to rant a bit about food. The way carbs make me feel is amazing. Maybe 6 months down the road I will have a different feeling about foods. There is a box of Girl Scout Peanut Butter Sandwitches calling me but I have resisted for 2 days and I will wait for 2 more (Goal weigh in day).

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you 100% on the Carb section above. People all have different chemical make ups. You have to be able to function and continue under the nutritional premise you set up for yourself. Cranky and deprived = failure. Because you'll give up! You don't need me to tell you, but you have to do what works for you so you can SUSTAIN and MAINTAIN! Otherwise it's just another short term fix that will lead you ultimately back down the road you've been down before. TOTALLY support your line of thinking here!! Good job in knowing yourself. Alesha

    ReplyDelete