Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The scale and patience

So I did good but the scale was nicer yesterday at 211.8. Today it decided to add a pound. Oh well, next time then.

I am not a patient person at all. I want immediate results, instant gratification, don't like waiting, etc, etc. Well none of this mixes well with weight loss. Today I saw 212.8 and immediately I think it's not enough, I want more. Do I deserve MORE, did I do the work required to get MORE.

I would say that 70% of the time I eat great. The other 30% includes outside food and snackies. So to answer the previous question, NO I really didn't do ALL I could to deserve a lower weight. Consistency is a four letter word to me. Every cell in my body rebels against it.

This week I am going to focus on exercising 3 days in a row before a break day and being more consistent with what I eat. I haven't been tracking calories, etc but maybe its time. There is a great website you can do this www.sparkpeople.com and its FREE.

1 comment:

  1. Amy, even though you had a gain on the 19th, you still are down a pound from your 1/12 weight. It is recommended to go for 1-2 lbs a week, so you are on track. Snacks are definately a nemesis for all of us me included. Try to increase that 70% great eating a little at a time, but remember, "give yourself a break once in a while". You are really doing good, keep up the good work
    Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete