Sunday, January 24, 2010

the road past roadblocks

The following is quoted from another Blog I am following http://jackfit.blogspot.com/
This really fits how I am feeling. Not every day is good around here. In the past I have usually given up after a setback, so I am going to keep this quote in mind.

"I guess the important thing to understand is that on this marathon (weight loss) we’re running, stumbling doesn’t have to lead to stopping, setbacks don’t have to turn into roadblocks. You can pick yourself up and push on, maybe even a little harder, a little more intensely. We may not have an "undo" button, but it's certainly within our power to minimize the damage. It might even be good for you in the long run... and the long run is what this deal is all about, after all."

The scale was good to me the other day but I hope on tuesday it still will be good.

3 comments:

  1. That's right! When we make a wrong turn in the car, we don't just keep going the wrong direction... we turn around and get back on track! Good luck tomorrow during your weigh in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the comment about. Great way to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just keep on track Amy you have a positive attitude about this. That is right there may be stumbling along the way but in the end you will make it up that hill
    Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete