Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hello my name is Amy and I am a food addict

I had hard time today but it was a day of discovery. I had very little sleep, the baby was tough, hubby is stressed, 5 year old was cranky, etc etc. Later in the afternoon I was bored, tired, cranky, stressed and boy did I want to munch, munch, munch. All I could think about was food. I wanted to numb myself with the food, comfort myself.

Guess what, I have been doing this for years unconsciously. It's one small piece of this really big puzzle of getting fit. I have a food addiction. I use food for emotional support.

Overall I did ok today, after working thru my cravings to munch. I had a 2 handfuls of plain Cheerios, some tea and for dinner, El Pollo loco – mini salad, 1 breast, 1 tortilla, pinto beans.

I did avoid the munching but I don’t feel like I properly dealt with the issues. I have to find some tools to work these emotions out.

P.S. Didn't make it 100%, after I posted, I got hungry and munched on a few handfuls of Honey Nut Cherrios.

No comments:

Post a Comment